Is made from the nut of the shea tree is used as a basis for many popular cosmetic and skincare products. Shea butter is great for soothing and moisturising
It is rich in vitamins and fatty acids and has numerous benefits for the skin.
- It doesn’t contain chemical irritants which can dry out the skin
- It is moisturising due to the high concentration of linoleic, oleic, stearic and palmitic acids which are absorbed into the skin increase the barrier to the environment to lock in hydration.
- It is anti-inflammatory due to the plant esters reducing the number of inflammatory cytokines in the skin meaning it reduces the symptoms of eczema.
- It is antibacterial as studies have shown a reduction of microbial activity when used
- Acne busting – it helps to restore the natural balance of oils in the skin to reduce acne caused by excess sebum
- It is antifungal and has been found to kill the spores that cause athletes’ foot.
- Collagen boosting - It contains triterpenes which stop the breakdown of collagen.
- Its antioxidant – as it contains vitamin A and E which protect the skin cells from free radicals which cause damage.
- Reduction of scars – it is thought that shea butter stops keloid fibroblasts from forming and may help to minimise and reduce stretch marks as well as scars
We love it so much that we created a signature body butter range which has received rave reviews as below
‘ I have very sensitive skin, prone to eczema. I can't use any products with fragrance/ parfum so it was wonderful to find the Purer Mama range. Since starting to use them, my skin has looked and felt much healthier, and I've virtually stopped having to use hydrocortisone/ steroid creams. Absolutely beautiful, rich, nurturing products and I've just ordered another batch.’
Diana Hill, CEO Essential Parent
Check out our nourish and protect body butters which in our shop